|You are never too old to fulfill your passion and start a second life.|
Fukuko Katsuura is not your ordinary kimono weaver; she's one of the few left in the world. If that doesn't impress, maybe that she self taught herself the craft at age 60, after having grown up in a poor farming village and then marrying during a time when a wife's chief responsibility was solely service to others will. Food and fabric were scarce in postwar Japan but it was a gift of cloth woven by Fukuko's grandmother that led to her passion for weaving.
|Fukuko at UC with her son.|
- When we have no prior knowledge, we are free to dream.
- Because we are human we can make ten thousand friends.
- The young are our teachers.
- In my opinion, we only begin to mature starting at age sixty.
- Our assets are simply the lives we have led.